Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Celtics refused to include Tatum in a possible trade for Davis - June 15, 2019
- Lakers to make Walker top target following Davis trade - June 15, 2019
- Pelicans agree to trade Davis to Lakers in four-player deal - June 15, 2019
Random dribbles on the Cavaliers’ final road game of the regular season, Saturday at the Bulls.
1. The Cavs can’t rest just yet. At least, not officially. They still need a win to secure the top seed in the Eastern Conference.
2. That’s because the Raptors kept their hopes alive by beating the Pacers on Friday. It’s almost as if the Raptors were trying to lose, too. They rested star guards Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan, as well as starting forward Luis Scola.
3. Worse, the Pacers needed a win to officially make the playoff themselves — and officially eliminate the Bulls in the process. Instead, everything remains quite unofficial.
4. So the Cavs (56-23) want a win and the Bulls (39-40) desperately need one.
5. LeBron James indicated none of it actually matters much. “It’s been shuffling so much between the three seed and nine,” he told reporters Friday in Chicago. “I don’t look at it too much. You look at the standings probably like the last week of the season, which will probably be Monday and things will kind of start shuffling. … You just wait for it to land and you get ready.”
6. Everyone is expected to play for the Cavs, minus reserve guard Mo Williams — who has returned to Cleveland for an MRI on his bothersome knee. Just a guess, but I’d be surprised if Mo is a go for most of the postseason.
7. The Cavs are 26-0 when scoring 110 points or more.
8. As I wrote Friday, I suspect the Cavs will clinch home-court advantage in the East soon enough.
- Tipoff: 8:30 p.m. EST
- TV: ABC
- Radio: WTAM 1100, 100.7 WMMS, 87.7 La Mega