Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Cavs owner Gilbert said to be progressing well from stroke - January 22, 2020
- AH Radio: Cavs highly likely to make moves at trade deadline - January 21, 2020
- All pain, no gain as Cavaliers lay egg against lowly Knicks - January 20, 2020
CLEVELAND — Random dribbles from the Cavaliers’ toughie of a 115-113 home loss to the Detroit Pistons on Tuesday.
1. Cavs coach John Beilein said it best: “We’re about to go on a really long road trip and that’s not the way you want to be sent off.”
2. Beilein seemed a little more exhausted than usual. His voice was hoarse. He looked emotionally drained. This is one the Cavs could’ve and should’ve won. There was a time when they led by 12 points … in the fourth quarter.
3. These are the type of defeats you may experience with a rookie and second-year player as your starting guards. That has been said a hundred times, but it’s the absolute, cold, hard truth.
4. Collin Sexton missed a wild floater with 3.0 seconds left and the Cavs trailing by a point. The play was designed for Sexton to drive and create something, either for himself or someone else. Clearly, both Sexton and Darius Garland are still learning about making winning decisions.