Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Cavs see what stability looks like in blowout defeat to Heat - February 23, 2020
- Amico: Grit returns in first Cavs game (and win) under Bickerstaff - February 22, 2020
- Morris may be headed to Lakers after buyout with Pistons - February 21, 2020
Random dribbles following the Cavaliers’ stunner of a 111-103 road win over the Denver Nuggets on Saturday.
1. Better watch out, LeBron James. Here come the Cavaliers.
2. OK, James is probably far from panic mode, but there is no doubt the Cavs are playing much better heading into Monday’s game in Los Angeles vs. the Lakers. This win over the Nuggets may have been the best one yet.
3. The Cavs (12-27) came out with great energy. They rebounded, ran, moved the ball and showed some serious hustle. They stayed fairly actively defensively. They built a 17-point lead. They didn’t collapse when the Nuggets came all the way back and took a lead of their own in the fourth quarter.
4. Offensively, the output was as balanced as it’s been all season. Collin Sexton scored 25 on 9-of-18 shooting. Kevin Love scored 19 and collected 15 rebounds, compiling a double-double by halftime. Tristan Thompson followed up his career night with 18 points and 13 boards. Darius Garland had 18 points and eight assists. And Cedi Osman scored 11 points and grabbed 12 rebounds.