Latest posts by Don McCormack (see all)
- Kings’ Joerger ‘all right’ after leaving game with dizzy spell - January 29, 2018
- Report: Winners’ share of All-Star Game upped to $100K - January 29, 2018
- Report: Parker could return to Bucks soon - January 29, 2018
The injury bug bit a pair of Western Conference players, though to extremely different levels in terms of severity.
* Utah forward Thabo Sefolosha suffered an injury to the MCL in his right knee, the Salt Lake Tribune reported Saturday. He suffered the injury in a 99-88 loss to the Charlotte Hornets. He left the game in the second half and didn’t return.
The report said the injury will expect force Sefolosha to miss the rest of the season and will likely take surgery to repair.
Seolosha is averaging 8.2 points and 4.2 rebounds a game for the Jazz (17-25) this season, while shooting 49 percent from the floor, including 38 percent from 3.
* It took a decade, but DeAndre Jordan of the Los Angeles Clippers finally missed a game because of an injury, not playing in the Clippers’ 126-105 win over the Sacramento Kings on Saturday night because of a sprained left ankle.
He has missed games because of rest, illness or coach’s decision in his career, but never because of injury in his 10-year career.
The last time Jordan missed a game was on the nightcap of a back-to-back at Denver on March 16.
Jordan, an oft-rumored target of the Cleveland Cavaliers as the Feb. 8 trade deadline nears, hurt his ankle in a road win over the Kings on Thursday night.
The 6-foot-11, 265-pound center is averaging 11.8 points, 14.9 boards and 1.0 blocked shots in 32.1 minutes per game this season for the Clippers, while shooting 66.1 percent from the floor and a much-improved 60.4 percent from the free-throw line.
Clippers coach Doc Rivers didn’t believe Jordan will be sidelined for long, but said, “I can’t guarantee it.”
The next game Jordan plays will tied with with Randy Smith for the most games played in franchise history with 715.
The Clippers (21-21) host the Houston Rockets (30-11) on Monday night.