Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Dribbles: Cavs will look to deal Burks, Hood before deadline - January 22, 2019
- 2019 NBA Draft order, via simulated lottery machine - January 22, 2019
- Carmelo still seeking home after trade to Bulls; Lakers interested - January 21, 2019
Former NBA point guard Toney Douglas has agreed to a contract with Turkish club Darussafaka, the team announced.
Douglas, 32, has played for seven NBA teams, including the New York Knicks, Miami Heat and New Orleans Pelicans. He last played in the NBA with the Memphis Grizzlies in 2016-17.
Darussafaka is his third overseas team since his last NBA stint.
Douglas tried out for the then-defending champion Cleveland Cavaliers in 2016 and told Amico Hoops, “I’m an NBA player. I’m confident in everything I do.”
In other overseas news:
- Former Cavaliers swingman Tarence Kinsey has signed with Dijon Bourgogne of France. Kinsey, 34, has spent most of his career in Europe but also played in the NBA with the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Former Detroit Pistons second-round pick Tony Mitchell has signed with the Fubon Braves of Taiwan. Mitchell played with the Pistons in 2013-14 and has spent the rest of his career in tghe G-League or overseas.
- Former University of Akron center Chris McKnight has agreed to a deal with French club Blois Basket 41.