Why write for Amico Hoops?
- Become part of one of the largest, most respected basketball publishers
- Unparalleled network of writers, scholars and influencers
- Rock solid publishing platform
- Guaranteed compensation when submitting six or more monthly articles
We have a huge audience of more than 1 million monthly visitors. These include NBA executives and HR people, basketball publications, player agents, radio and television personalities. People involved in all stages of the game will read your work.
Benefits of joining Amico Hoops
- All writers are eligible for monthly traffic based compensation
- Personal Brand development
- Large and growing audience for your writing including a huge syndication network (Yahoo News, Google News, USA Today and more)
We are seeking both the serious journalist who likes posting often, our beat writers, as well as part-timers. Casual writers who write at a high level but may only have time for a couple monthly posts can also call Amico Hoops home.
- Professionalism at all times
- Some experience writing online — this should not be your first shot at the basket
- An ability to consistently deliver high-quality work
- Publishing a minimum of one monthly post
- A social media presence for sharing your work and potentially the work of your colleagues
Please send writing examples (links are fine) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current open spots: All NBA teams with exception of the Cavaliers. We really need the Lakers, Rockets, Warriors, Bucks, Celtics and Bulls, but will take anyone. Also, we love coverage of Ohio, college, high school, the draft, AAU, D-League, overseas and the business side of basketball.
We also love player diaries from players at all levels — high school, overseas pros, D-League, etc.
We may have other openings available, please feel free to inquire. You are also able to start covering one club then move to a preferred club in the future.
Please send an email to – email@example.com
* Include a few lines about yourself and your writing experience. Including a Twitter handle scores bonus points.
We receive a lot of requests and are not able to reply to everyone. If you do not receive a reply within a week it means that we are not likely moving forward with your application.