Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Boylen says Bulls ‘moving on’ after near boycott of practice - December 10, 2018
- Dribbles: Cavs have the high-flying good time they needed - December 9, 2018
- Warriors center Cousins to spend time in G-League? - December 9, 2018
Potential top overall pick Luka Doncic will remain in the NBA draft, according to a report from ESPN.
There had been some question whether the 6-foot-6 European swingman would enter the NBA or remain overseas for another year. But his status is no longer in doubt.
“Doncic, like other early entry candidates, had the option to remove his name from the list of players eligible for selection by sending notice to the NBA league office by Monday’s 5 p.m. ET deadline,” ESPN reported.
The Phoenix Suns have the No. 1 overall pick in the draft and are widely expected to take Arizona center Deandre Ayton. But Doncic is supposedly in play at that spot — as Suns general manager Ryan McDonough told reporters he plans to talk to Doncic either in person overseas or via Skype.
According to ESPN, Doncic is more likely to be drafted anywhere from second to fourth overall.
The Sacramento Kings own the second pick, followed by the Atlanta Hawks, Memphis Grizzlies and Dallas Mavericks, respectively.
The draft is scheduled for June 21 in Brooklyn, N.Y.