Latest posts by Colton Jones (see all)
- Composite 2018 preseason master TV schedule - September 20, 2018
- Bucks add Young, Johnson, waive Barnett, McCoy - September 18, 2018
- Big man Moreland signs Exhibit 10 pact with Raptors - September 18, 2018
In a revealing survey of 48 players across the NBA, ESPN put together a list in regards to LeBron James’ expected upcoming third foray into unrestricted free agency this summer, as well as that of DeMarcus Cousins.
If the Cleveland Cavaliers’ superstar, who won his third All-Star Game Most Valuable Player award Sunday night at Staples Center in Los Angeles, declines his $35 million player option as expected, he will indeed become free to sign with any team.
Part of what ESPN’s survey found:
Where will LeBron sign in the offseason?
- Cavaliers: 59 percent
- Lakers: 22 percent
- Heat: 7 percent
- Other: 12 percent
- Others gaining votes: Grizzlies, Rockets, Sixers, “Not the Cavs”
“He won’t leave after all the moves they made last week.” — Eastern Conference forward
Where should LeBron sign in the offseason?
- Cavaliers: 66 percent
- Heat: 8 percent
- Lakers: 8 percent
- Other: 18 percent
- Others gaining votes: Knicks, Rockets, Sixers, “No team in the West”
“Honestly, I’m hoping that he stays in Cleveland, just for that city. … But I would definitely understand if he left. It’s a business. You see how they did Blake [Griffin] after bringing him in during free agency, telling him all of this and all of that, and then they trade him away.” — Eastern Conference forward