Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Allen, others set for Lakers pre-draft workout - May 25, 2018
- What would it take for Hornets to trade Walker? - May 25, 2018
- AH Radio: Cavs need Lue, role players to be at best - May 25, 2018
The Atlanta Hawks conducted a second round of pre-draft workouts Wednesday, with six players hitting the team’s practice facility.
The Hawks, of course, are still without a coach, but general manager Travis Schlenk and his staff are marching toward the NBA lottery. The Hawks currently have the fourth-best odds to land the No. 1 overall pick, with the actual lottery to be staged Tuesday of next week.
Here are the players who worked out for the Hawks on Wednesday:
- Brian Bowen, 6-7, F, South Carolina. Early-entry candidate was the MVP of the Jordan Brand Classic in 2017.
- Bryce Brown, 6-3, G, Auburn. Averaged 15.9 points in 33 starts as a junior this past season.
- Nojel Eastern, 6-6, G, Purdue. Limited effectiveness off the bench as a freshman last season. Likely headed back to school.
- Bruno Fernando, 6-10, F, Maryland. Solid as a freshman last season with averages of 10.3 points and 6.5 rebounds.
- Jalen Hudson, 6-6, G, Florida. Went to LeBron James’ high school (Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary). Averaged 15.5 points and 3.9 rebounds for Gators last season.
- Akolda Manyang, 7-0, C, Utah Valley. He’s 7-foot and averaged 13.1 points at the Division I level. He’s worth a look.