Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Atkinson aiming for more defense from Nets - September 23, 2018
- Rockets, Sixers among teams interested in Wolves’ Butler - September 23, 2018
- Noah, Knicks reach agreement, parting ways - September 23, 2018
The Los Angeles Clippers have officially re-signed All-Star power forward Blake Griffin, per the NBA’s transactions page.
According to the Los Angeles Times, Griffin’s deal is for five years and $175 million.
“With Chris Paul now out of the picture, this will mark the first time since his rookie year that Griffin is the focal point of Los Angeles’ offense,” Hoops Rumors wrote. ” This, ESPN’s Jeff Goodman implies, could have increased the likelihood of a deal.”
Griffin averaged 21.6 points and 8.1 rebounds in 61 games last season. He played in just three playoff games before getting injured.
In other news:
- Turkish swingman Cedi Osman is officially a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers, with the team making the announcement Tuesday. Osman’s contract is reportedly for three years and $8.3 million. The Cavs have no issues keeping Osman, but are also said to be floating his name in trade talks.
- Per Hoops Rumors, the Utah Jazz have renounced their right to free agent center Jeff Withey and former second-round pick Tyrone Wallace. Withey is believed to already be drawing interest from the Toronto Raptors.
- Speaking of the Raptors, recently waived center Justin Hamilton appears ready to sign a deal in China. Hamilton was obtained in the trade that sent forward DeMarre Carroll to the Brooklyn Nets.