Latest posts by Ashish Mathur (see all)
- Clippers will bring back Teodosic - July 16, 2018
- Bulls’ Dunn ‘offended’ by report questioning his work ethic - July 15, 2018
- Bucks, Parker were trending in different directions - July 15, 2018
Dallas Mavericks rookie point guard Dennis Smith Jr. will sign an endorsement deal with Under Armour, according to a report by ESPN.
Smith Jr. was the ninth overall pick in this year’s draft after playing one season at North Carolina State.
Dennis Smith Jr., on verge of a lucrative endorsement deal with Under Armour, source told ESPN.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) August 8, 2017
Smith Jr. showed off his world-class athleticism and speed at the Las Vegas Summer League. In six games, he averaged 17.3 points, 4.8 rebounds and 4.2 assists while shooting 45.7 percent from the field.
The 19-year-old joins fellow draft classmate Josh Jackson of the Phoenix Suns as the newest members of Under Armour.
Under Armour’s most famous sponsored NBA player is currently Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors.
Here’s more out of Dallas:
- Popular basketball website HoopsHype caught up with new Mavericks signee Maxi Kleber, a German power forward who hails from the same town as Dirk Nowitzki. You can check out the extensive interview here.
- Nowitzki says he is hopeful the Mavs can come to terms with restricted free agent center Nerlens Noel, and sooner rather than later. In an interview with The Undefeated, Nowitzki said: “We obviously traded for him last year with the hope he will stay with this franchise for a long time. … I’m sure [Mavericks owner] Mark [Cuban] and [GM] Donnie [Nelson], the leaders of the franchise, are trying to play the right business move.”
- In case you missed it, the Mavs signed former South Carolina star guard P.J. Dozier to a minimum training camp contract. Dozier went undrafted after helping lead the Gamecocks to their first-ever NCAA Final Four last season. Here’s more from Fansided.
(Notes by Sam Amico)