Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Report: Hornets sending Howard to Nets - June 20, 2018
- AH Radio: For Cavs, possibilities endless on draft night - June 20, 2018
- Cavs bring in Young for pre-draft workout - June 19, 2018
With training camp just more than a week away, most NBA eyes are focused on Dwyane Wade, the Chicago Bulls and what happens next.
And it appears a buyout could be coming sooner rather than later.
Per Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times: “After fellow guard Jimmy Butler was dealt to Minnesota in a draft-night trade, Wade — who had exercised his $23.8 million option for the 2017-18 season — made it known in his circles that he wanted a buyout. According to one source, however, he has not gone to the front office with that request.”
Wade, 35, isn’t expected to go to the Bulls with his request, Cowley added. At least not right away.
“Don’t expect that to change. According to the same source, Wade is hoping the Bulls approach him first — with a suitable monetary amount,” Cowley wrote.
Wade has spent part of the working out with Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James, documented by no less than James himself on social media.
So the suspicion is once Wade and the Bulls finally reach a buyout, the 35-year old guard will join the Cavs. The Miami Heat and both Los Angeles teams are reportedly also under consideration.
Here’s more out of Chicago:
- With Wade (eventually) out of the picture, the Bulls will be a young team with a largely inexperienced core. Among five to keep an eye on, according to Cowley, is second-year point guard Kris Dunn, acquired in the Butler deal with the Timberwolves. Dunn could be the favorite for the starting job, “but he has to showcase his high-ceiling athletic ability,” Cowley writes.
- Former NBA guard Jannero Pargo has joined the Windy City Bulls as an assistant coach. Windy City is the G-League affiliate of the parent club in Chicago. Charlie Henry is Windy City’s head coach.