Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Report: Hornets sending Howard to Nets - June 20, 2018
- AH Radio: For Cavs, possibilities endless on draft night - June 20, 2018
- Cavs bring in Young for pre-draft workout - June 19, 2018
Luc Mbah a Moute officially signed with the Houston Rockets on Wednesday, giving them another wing in a league that is increasingly emphasizing the position.
Of course, Mbah a Moute is familiar with another more celebrated Rockets newcomer, as he spent each of the past two seasons with the Los Angeles Clippers and Chris Paul.
Mbah a Moute, 30, is capable of playing either forward spot and is considered one the league’s staunchest defenders at the position. The same can be said for P.J. Tucker, another forward and Rockets offseason free agent pickup.
The Rockets remain very much interested in New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony, but as written about earlier, trade talks between the teams have been off for nearly a week.
For more on the Mbah a Moute signing, read Kyle Griffin’s report.
Here’s more from around the league:
- Former NBA center Dikembe Mutombo is trying to put together a group to buy the Rockets. Current owner Les Alexander announced earlier this week he’s selling the team.
- The Boston Celtics have signed rookie guard Kadeem Allen to a two-way contract. Allen was selected in the second round (No. 53) of the June draft out of Arizona.
- The Celtics also officially announced the signing of free agent big man Aron Baynes.
- The Denver Nuggets announced they have signed swingman Torrey Craig to a two-way contract.
- Finally, Minnesota Timberwolves coach and top basketball executive Tom Thibodeau told reporters today that the team is working on a contract extension with swingman Andrew Wiggins.
- The Wolves also officially announced the signing of guard Jamal Crawford.