Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Cavs’ Love talks of being ‘target’ at team meeting - January 23, 2018
- Your Ball: Should Cavs trade Brooklyn pick? - January 23, 2018
- Warriors express interest in Knicks’ O’Quinn - January 23, 2018
Former NBA first-round pick and power forward Jared Sullinger is trying to get back in the league after getting cut by Phoenix in February.
As Hoops Rumors outlined, the former Ohio State star is playing in The Basketball Tournament this weekend in Brooklyn, and NBA scouts will be watching.
“I lost a year of basketball directly because of what I have done — my weight and my eating habits,” he told the Columbus Dispatch.
The story went to say Sullinger has been a vegan for three weeks, and is down from 320 pounds while with Boston to a “svelte” 285 now. “I’m fighting, but it’s hard,” Sullinger told the Dispatch. “It’s a daily challenge.”
No teams in particular have yet shown an interest in Sullinger, who has also spent time with the Toronto Raptors.
Sullinger, 25, is 6-foot-9 and has compiled career averages of 10.8 points and 7.5 rebounds.
Here’s more from around the NBA:
- Free agent forward Jack Cooley has signed a two-way contract with the Sacramento Kings, per 2Ways10Days.com. Cooley went undrafted out of Notre Dame in 2013, and spent last season playing in Germany.
- Former Milwaukee Bucks assistant GM Justin Zanik and ex-Indiana GM David Morway have joined the Utah Jazz’s front office, according to reports. Morway was a consultant for the Jazz last season, the Deseret News points out.
- Second-round draft pick Dakari Johnson has signed a two-year contract with the Oklahoma City Thunder, per the team.
- Former Charlotte Hornets guard Brian Roberts is in contract talks with Greek club Olympiacos, according to international basketball reporter David Pick.