Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Wade openly dreams of helping bring back Sonics - June 23, 2018
- LeBron still trying to get other stars to join Cavs? - June 22, 2018
- Cavs draft pick Sexton to LeBron: ‘Let’s do it’ - June 22, 2018
Could the Los Angles Lakers and Dallas Mavericks be interested in a deal before the Feb. 8 trade deadline?
Perhaps. At least, most around the league seem to think they’re at least natural trading partners, as highlighted in a report from Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders.
The Lakers are undoubtedly looking to unload the contract of past-his-prime forward Luol Deng, but are finding most teams would want a draft pick attached to the deal.
That’s not something that appeals to the Lakers. They don’t want to get rid of Deng at any cost.
The Mavericks, however, may be willing to take Deng if the Lakers were to include big man Julius Randle. The Mavs are willing to part with center Nerlens Noel, so perhaps could be the starting point in a potential deal.
“Another thing to watch is the Lakers making a roster deal that includes first-round picks,” Kyler wrote. “The Lakers are going to need assets to help them shed dollars as they get into free agency, which again is something to watch in regards to Randle.
In other news from lottery-land:
1. The Memphis Grizzlies aren’t likely to move resident star center Marc Gasol, but could potentially dangle swingman Tyreke Evans, Kyler writes. Evans is having a banner season and drawing the attention of several contenders. At this point, the Grizzlies may get more for Evans than they would Gasol.
2. New Atlanta Hawks GM Travis Schlenk apparently is willing to listen to offers for point guard Dennis Schroder and wing Kent Bazemore. But per Kyler, the Hawks’ asking price for either player is sky-high at the moment.
3. Finally, the Orlando Magic would be thrilled to be able to move the contract of big man Bismack Biyombo, Kyler reports. Biyombo is still living off a playoff performance two seasons ago against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Also, Nikola Vucevic and Evan Fournier are potential Magic trade candidates.