Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Three Cavs linked to reported interest in Kings’ Hill - January 19, 2018
- Amico Podcast: Can Cavs make a deal? - January 19, 2018
- Report: Hornets open to trading Walker - January 19, 2018
The Golden State Warriors have officially re-signed free agent center JaVale McGee, the team announced Tuesday.
McGee is part of a returning championship core that also included Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, Andre Iguodala, Shaun Livingston and Zaza Pachulia. All were free agents after the season, all re-signed.
McGee, 29, averaged 6.1 points and 3.2 rebounds in 77 games last season — his first with the Warriors.
Here’s more from around the NBA:
- Pop star Beyoncé is considering buying a stake in the Houston Rockets, put up for sale earlier this month by owner Les Alexander. Beyoncé is a native of Houston and her husband, Jay-Z, once owned a very small percentage in the Brooklyn Nets. Her interest in the Rockets was first reported by Bloomberg.
- Undrafted guard Gian Clavell has officially signed with the Dallas Mavericks, the team announced Tuesday. Clavell is a 6-foot-4 shooting guard who starred at Colorado State. ESPN reported that he will receive a partially guaranteed minimum deal.
- Free agent guard Anthony Brown has officially agreed to two-way contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves, per the team. Brown has spent time with the Los Angeles Lakers and in the NBA G-League.
- The Chicago Bulls have signed guard Ryan Arcidiacono to a two-way contract, the team announced Tuesday. Arcidiacono won an NCAA championship with Villanova in 2016, and was named Big East Co-Player of the Year in 2015.
- Former NBA and G-League guard Blake Ahearn has been named head coach of the Austin Spurs of the G-League. Ahearn was G-League Rookie of the Year in 2008.