Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Wade openly dreams of helping bring back Sonics - June 23, 2018
- LeBron still trying to get other stars to join Cavs? - June 22, 2018
- Cavs draft pick Sexton to LeBron: ‘Let’s do it’ - June 22, 2018
The Orlando Magic have officially signed veteran shooting guard Arron Afflalo. This is Afflalo’s second stint with the team.
Afflalo, 31, had been with the Sacramento Kings, who waived him in late June.
According to ESPN, Afflalo’s contract is for one year.
He is a 6-foot-5 shooting guard and played in 61 games with the Kings, averaging 8.4 points.
Afflalo has also spent time with the New York Knicks, Denver Nuggets, Detroit Pistons and Portland Trail Blazers. He previously played for the Magic from 2012-14.
Here’s more from around the NBA:
- Magic president of basketball operations Jeff Weltman also announced the signing of center Khem Birch out of Greece. Birch is a native of Montreal and plays for the Canadian national team. He has also spent some time in the G-League.
- First-round draft pick Terrence Ferguson has received clearance from FIBA to sign with the Oklahoma City Thunder, according to a report from the Norman Transcript. Ferguson was selected with the No. 21 overall pick. He played in Australia last season.
- Free agent forward/center Alan Williams has re-signed with the Phoenix Suns, the team announced. In 24 games after the All-Star break last season, Williams averaged 11.4 points and 9.1 rebounds with the Suns.
- Free agent swingman Axel Toupane will sign with Zalgiris Kaunas in Lithuania, according to Sportando. Tourpane was waived by the New Orleans Pelicans earlier this week.
- The Los Angeles Clippers have signed second-round draft pick Sindarius Thornwell to a three-year contract, per Basketball Insiders. Thornwell starred at South Carolina during its inspiring run in the NCAA tournament. The first two years of the deal are guaranteed, Basketball Insiders reported.