Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Amico: Grit returns in first Cavs game (and win) under Bickerstaff - February 22, 2020
- Morris may be headed to Lakers after buyout with Pistons - February 21, 2020
- Cavaliers owner Gilbert makes first public appearance since May - February 21, 2020
Free agent forward Terrence Jones has signed to play with Chinese club Qingdao Beach, according to multiple reports.
Without giving specific terms, international basketball journalist David Pick reported Jones’ contract is “one of the largest single-season deals in China history.”
Jones received interest from multiple NBA teams, but did not want to sign for the minimum contracts offered.
He is 6-foot-9 and has spent five seasons in the NBA after being selected by the Houston Rockets with the No. 18 overall in 2012. He spent 51 games with the New Orleans Pelicans last season, averaging 11.5 points and 5.9 rebounds.
That included a season-high 36 points against LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Jones finished the season with the Milwaukee Bucks, appearing in three games.
Here is more from around the globe:
- Free agent forward/center Jason Thompson has agreed to a one-year contract with Fenerbahce of Turkey. Thompson’s deal is a “$1.8M pact with bonuses that balloon it to $2M,” Pick reports.
- Former NBA and G-League point guard Will Cherry has signed a one-year contract with Cedevita Zagreb of the Adriatic League.
- Ex-NBA and G-League forward Lamar Patterson has reportedly landed a deal with Italian club Fiat Torino.
- Free agent forward Quincy Miller has signed with Brose Bamberg of Germany. Miller has spent time in the G-League, as well as with the Detroit Pistons, Sacramento Kings and Denver Nuggets.