Here are some fast facts on the Wizards, winners of 17 straight home games heading into Monday’s matchup with the Cavaliers:
1. The Wizards (30-20) just happen to be the hottest team in the NBA, having won seven straight and 14 of 16 overall. They are 9-1 in the last 10, second only to old friend Dion Waiters and the Miami Heat (10-0).
2. Wizards point guard John Wall is first in the NBA in steals (2.2 per game) and second in assists (10.4). Oh, he is also averaging 23 points.
3. Wall indicated he thinks the Wizards are the second-best team in the East and on the rise. He told reporters that the Cavaliers have been “playing OK, but they’re the defending champs.”
4. Wall added: “We know which team we have to chase in the East. We’ve got a great home streak going on … It’s going to be a packed crowd. A lot of people here. It’s on TV. It’s going to be an important game for us.”
5. The Wizards are scoring 107 points per game, compared to the Cavaliers’ 110. The teams couldn’t be closer defensively, with the Wizards allowing 104.7 points and the Cavs at 104.8. Cavs opponents are shooting 46 percent from the floor, Wizards opponents 48.
6. Wizards forward Markieff Morris is averaging 17.7 points and 8.9 rebounds in the last 15 games, including six double-doubles. The Wizards are 13-2 in that span.
7. The Wizards are 13-1 when holding their opponent under 100 points.
8. For the Cavs (34-15), LeBron James is two assists shy of passing Lenny Wilkens for 13th on the all-time assists list, and three blocks away from the 800 mark.
9. Finally, the Wizards will be wearing blue alternate uniforms. The Cavs will be in gold.
10. Tipoff is 7 p.m. on both TNT and FOX Sports Ohio.
A swarm of people, recorders and cameras. Must be a big game tonight, eh? pic.twitter.com/ylnjRtt3AM
— Candace Buckner (@CandaceDBuckner) February 6, 2017