Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Real thing arrives as Cavaliers set to begin anew … again - October 23, 2019
- Amico on SI: Reasons to watch Cavs? Hey, there are some - October 22, 2019
- Pistons star forward Griffin out to begin season - October 22, 2019
The NCAA has issued a new set of requirements for agents who wish to represent college players deciding to test the NBA draft waters, as related by multiple outlets.
Agents must now:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree.
- Be certified by the National Basketball Players’ Association.
- Carry liability insurance.
- Fill out an application.
- Take an in-person exam at the NCAA office in Indianapolis.
- Undergo a background check
The new set of requirements does not apply to agents who represent underclassmen that declare for the draft — only those who are keeping the option open of returning to school.