Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Amico: Cavs show fight, but bad thirds continue to haunt - January 18, 2020
- With deadline looming, Cavs must decide on Love, Thompson - January 16, 2020
- Timberwolves intensifying pursuit of Warriors’ Russell - January 16, 2020
The NCAA has issued a new set of requirements for agents who wish to represent college players deciding to test the NBA draft waters, as related by multiple outlets.
Agents must now:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree.
- Be certified by the National Basketball Players’ Association.
- Carry liability insurance.
- Fill out an application.
- Take an in-person exam at the NCAA office in Indianapolis.
- Undergo a background check
The new set of requirements does not apply to agents who represent underclassmen that declare for the draft — only those who are keeping the option open of returning to school.