Jose Lallus withdraws his aspirations for PLD general secretary because “there is no guarantee of transparency”
Jose Lallus announced his withdrawal from the race to become the General Secretary of the Dominican Liberation Party, saying “there is no guarantee of any kind” during the election process.
“I have decided not to register my candidacy for the General Secretariat of the PLD because there is no guarantee of transparency in this process. The individuals and companies who trusted and cooperated with me in this endeavor will withdraw their contributions, thank you all!” Lalus posted on the social network.
The party announced last night the election results for the entry into the new members of the Central Committee, which elected several members in the boxes of former President Danilo Medina.
In that regard, the former legislator accused himself of corruption by former President Medina.
“From today, they should change the name of the PLD and start calling it: Danilo’s Force, Danilo’s Shield, what Danilo says, Danilo CXA or Danilo’s El Colmato,” the PLD leader said.
I have decided not to register my candidature for the General Secretariat of the PLD as there is no guarantee of transparency in this process.
The individuals and companies who trusted and cooperated with me in this endeavor will withdraw their contributions, thank you all!
– Jose Lalus (ulalaluzjose) February 16, 2021
The PLD is scheduled to elect a new general secretary in the first week of March, with current secretary Renault Parade Perez announcing several weeks ago that he does not want to run for office again for health reasons.
So far, Juan Ariel Jimenez, a former finance minister and recently elected to the Central Committee; Former education minister and presidential candidate Andres Navarro; Ruben Pichara, former director of the Dominican Corporation of State Electric Companies (CDEE), and former legislator Charlie Marioti are emerging as key candidates to fill the position.