Oprah Winfrey pays CBS 7 million for interviews with Prince Harry and Megan Markle Entertainment
In the first hour of the interview there will be a conversation between Markle and Winfrey, in which Enrique will join in the second part.
The CBS television network paid more than $ 7 million for exclusive interviews with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Megan Markle and Prince Harry for the opera Winfrey, according to The Wall Street Journal this Friday.
According to Economic Daily, the broadcasting rights for the two-hour interview will air this Sunday night in prime time in the US and Monday in the UK, with prices ranging from $ 7 to $ 9 million.
The Wall Street Journal cites sources close to the deal, although the chain currently issued has not been confirmed.
Since Megan Markle and Prince Harry visited the United States last year, the American media has been trying to get the couple’s first interview.
Finally, CBS and Winfrey, one of the most well-known faces on the small screen, got exclusive, with a conversation between Markle and the host in its first hour, in which Enrique joins the second installment.
Megan accused the monarchy of lying about herself and Harry
The only trailer known from the interview was a moment when Markle accused the British Royal House of “perpetuating” lies about Prince Henry.
“How do you feel you’re asking for your version of Buckingham Palace?” Winfrey says in 30 seconds.
“I don’t know how they can expect, and after all this time we would be quiet if The Firm (a term used to talk about the British Royal House) played a serious role in making up lies about us,” Markle says.
Buckingham, on the other hand, confirmed that it was investigating allegations published in the newspapers this week that Markle had harassed some of his aides during his time representing the royal family.
Sources close to Prince Harry’s wife at the time claimed that Megan’s attitude to the Times newspaper forced the resignation of two of her aides and “undermined the confidence of a third”. (I)