Trump considers special advice to probe Hunter Pita: Andhra
- President Donald Trump is considering personally appointing a special adviser to investigate Hunter Biden. Associated Press Announced on Tuesday.
- Trump has consulted with White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, White House Adviser Pat Sibolon and others on the possibility of appointing a special prosecutor to investigate Pita’s involvement in business activities in Ukraine at the center of the president’s indictment.
- The report comes on the heels Trump announced Monday that outgoing Attorney General Bill Barr Leaving the judiciary before Christmas.
- Trump was dissatisfied with the bar for not making a public announcement Federal Inquiry into Hunter Biden’s Tax, Then the DOJ and FBI found no evidence of widespread voter fraud, contrary to unsubstantiated conspiracy theories from the president and his allies.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump asked his lawyer if he could personally appoint a special adviser to investigate Hunter Biden. Associated Press Announced on Tuesday.
Trump brought the matter of appointing a special adviser to investigate the son of President-elect Joe Biden to White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, White House adviser Pat Cipolon and others, Trump officials and Republicans close to the White House told Andhra Pradesh.
Sources also said that Trump was considering appointing a special adviser to investigate unsubstantiated allegations of election fraud.
Representatives from the White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
The report comes on the heels Trump announced Monday that outgoing Attorney General Bill Barr Leaving the judiciary before Christmas. In the absence of Bar, Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen will act as Attorney General.
read more: Trump announces Attorney General William Barr to leave judiciary before Christmas
Trump was dissatisfied with the bar for not making a public announcement Federal Inquiry into Hunter Biden’s Tax, According to the AP report. The president was also dissatisfied with the bar, claiming it was the judiciary and the FBI Evidence of widespread voter fraud is not available, Contrary to Trump’s election-related conspiracy theories.
Rosen said he was “honored to fulfill his role as the country’s top guard” and “will continue to focus on implementing the department’s key priorities.”
As Trump enters his final weeks, it is questionable whether the Acting Attorney General will submit to the president’s pressure to investigate his political opponents. The president was quoted in the AP statement as saying, “The president has asked his panel of lawyers, including personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, to examine whether the president has the authority to appoint a special adviser.”
If the judiciary is to take over the investigation under the Trump administration, it will be a “longer and more complex investigation” than the current Hunter Biden tax investigation, the AB said.
The trial is likely to extend Joe Biden’s term to Jan. 20, which could put the incumbent on responsibility for keeping Rosan or appointing another attorney general. The AP says the attorney general has the power to suspend special advisory hearings – but only “for specific reasons, such as abuse, dereliction of duty or conflict of interest.”