What Are The Steps Taken To Make A Custom Website?
Making a website is not a piece of cake, you are required to have a zing for learning, and need to have patience and determination to get a website project live on the internet. The digital industry is on boom these days, and so is the requirement of web developers.
However, if you do not know how to get started with making a website, do not worry, every developer who is coding day in and night out, also starts from zero. It is their determination and constant learning that helped them reach where they are today. You can be like those or even better, you just require the right guidance and be consistent on it
If you are searching for learning custom web development and have reached this article, then my friend, you have already taken a step towards your goal. Mentioned in this article are four basic steps that a starting web developer can consider while making a website.
Step-1: Deciding Color and text Style
If you start developing a website, the first thing that needs to be done is to decide the color theme and text styles to be used. This is the most important component, as the whole color theme changes the impression of the website. Also, the text style to be used has a great influence on highlighting the important texts on the website. Moreover, different combinations of colors and texts are taken together to achieve the theme that suits the website type you want to develop.
Just like all the colors don’t go together, similar different types of text don’t fit together. Therefore, there are certain aspects on the basis of which the text styles are selected:
- Readability to normal as well visually impaired persons.
- The contrast in font-family and their combination together.
- The larger and bolder font style for heading and lighter font style for paragraphs and subheadings.
Similarly, the criteria for selecting color theme are:
- Age group and gender of people the website is targeting. Ex: More vibrant colors for young age group people and soothing colors for adult people, or pinkish and purple colors for websites targeting girls audience.
- Logo of the company for which the website is to be designed.
- For which purpose the custom web development website is to be used. Ex: If the website is for a grocery store, a greenish theme will be more suitable.
Step-2 Designing the Wireframes
The wireframe is the basic infrastructure of the website, it is a design that defines the whole layout of all the web pages that will encompass the whole website. Also, which component is to be placed where and the size of each component, respective to each other, are also decided while designing the wireframe. Now, while developing it, no code is written, the website pages are designed inside a wireframe developing software or other graphic designing software.
Step-3: Frontend Development
- HTML: It is HyperText Markup Language, it provides all the components that go in a website, like images, headings, paragraphs, etc. Basically, by writing HTML code, you are just making the basic structure of the website.
- CSS: It is Cascading Style Sheet, it is used to style the HTML elements that are added to a web page. All the beautifully designed websites you see on the internet are just because of CSS.
Step-4: Backend Development
Backend is the server-side of the website, what we see on the screen is the client-side. The backend of the website stores and manages the data, and also ensures that the front-side of the website works fine. It is the section of the website that you are unable to see or engage with. It is the part of the software that has no direct touch with the users. Users have indirect access to the components and attributes created by backend designers via a front-end application. Programming languages like PHP, Java, .Net, etc. are used for backend development.