Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Amico: Grit returns in first Cavs game (and win) under Bickerstaff - February 22, 2020
- Morris may be headed to Lakers after buyout with Pistons - February 21, 2020
- Cavaliers owner Gilbert makes first public appearance since May - February 21, 2020
DETROIT — Random dribbles from the Cavaliers’ 115-112 thriller of a win over the Detroit Pistons on Thursday.
1. On a night the Cavaliers had every reason to collapse, they banded together. And oh what a night they picked, as they were coming off about 24 hours of making headlines for all the wrong reasons.
2. Teams that have a major problem with the coach don’t rally on the road to snap a five-game losing streak. Nor do those teams celebrate like a college squad in the locker room after the game.
3. But that was the Cavs on Thursday. One night after John Beilein admittedly said what many considered the wrong thing, the Cavs looked as unified as ever.