Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Suns exploring trades centered on Jackson, Warren, pick - June 17, 2019
- Rockets’ trade talks said to include Paul, Capela - June 17, 2019
- Irving to meet with Celtics ahead of free agency - June 17, 2019
Center Tristan Thompson is out at least two weeks with a sprained ankle and the Cavaliers are now turning to Larry Nance Jr. to bring Thompson-like energy, rebounding and some often unexpected offense.
“I need to rev that up a little bit more and really start showing that we have two guys that can do that,” Nance said, via Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com. “(Thompson will) be in my ear, even though he’s back on the training table. He’ll be in my ear on where I can go for loose balls, chase rebounds and how to improve in that manner. He’s off the court, but he’s not off the team.”
The Cavs (7-21) host the Milwaukee Bucks on Friday.
Center Jonas Valanciunas will miss at least four weeks after undergoing surgery for a dislocated thumb, as relayed by Shams Charania of Stadium.
Valanciunas suffered the injury in Wednesday’s road win over the Golden State Warriors.
- The Raptors are 7-1 this season without Kawhi Leonard, 16-6 with him.
- Former NBA guard Stephen Jackson called the Raptors the NBA’s hardest-working team. Watch more of what Jackson had to say right here.
NBA commissioner Adam Silver was in Mexico City for Thursday’s game featuring the Chicago Bulls and Orlando Magic — and said he is hopeful an announcement is soon coming about Mexico City getting a G-League team. Details in the video below.