Latest posts by Colton Jones (see all)
- Jazz’s Gobert: ‘If I gotta do justice myself, I’m gonna do justice myself’ - December 11, 2018
- Now a Sixer, Butler dishes on infamous T-Wolves practice - December 11, 2018
- Nuggets’ Millsap expected to be sidelined for 4-6 weeks - December 10, 2018
If there are one or more teams interested in moving up in the NBA draft, there are reportedly a couple of teams willing to make it happen.
Both the Sacramento Kings and the Dallas Mavericks, owners of the No. 2 and No. 5 overall picks, respectively, in the upcoming draft would be willing to move down, according to Kevin O’Connor of The Ringer.
“The offseason hot stove is already burning up just three days after the Warriors’ win,” O’Connor said. “The Kings and Mavericks are open to moving down in the draft, according to multiple league front-office executives. Sacramento is in the asset-stacking business, while Dallas is trying to compete for the playoffs next season.”
O’Connor went on to say the Los Angeles Clippers, who own both the No. 12 and No. 13 overall selections, are a team looking to move up in the draft.
“The Clippers, who have the No. 12 and No. 13 picks, are one team pushing to move up,” he said. “As I previously reported, and have interest in both [EuroLeague star] Luka Doncic and [Missouri forward] Michael Porter Jr. ”
The draft will be held June 21 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.