Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Nance Jr., Cavs agree to four-year contract extension - October 15, 2018
- Turner, Pacers come to agreement on extension - October 15, 2018
- Veteran guard Crawford, Suns agree to one-year contract - October 15, 2018
Several potential buyers have expressed interest in purchasing the Brooklyn Nets, according to a report from the New York Post.
“The basketball team owned by billionaire Russian Mikhail Prokhorov hoped to fetch around $2 billion, but we hear one interested party has been trying to box out others in the sale process,” the Post reported.
Prokhorov had attempted to sell minority interest of the team, to no avail.
The Post added: “Reports suggest the Nets want to find a Chinese backer — not surprising given the success of Yao Ming with the Houston Rockets, which are also for sale.”
The Nets have added several key faces (and large contracts) this offseason, trading for guard D’Angelo Russell and center Timofey Mozgov (Los Angeles Lakers), small forward DeMarre Carroll (Toronto Raptors) and shooting guard Allen Crabbe (Portland Trail Blazers).
Here’s more from around the NBA:
- Newly acquired Los Angeles Clippers big man Willie Reed has been charged with misdemeanor domestic battery, according to a report from the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. The incident reportedly was the result of Reed’s wife telling him she wanted a divorce. The league has a new policy on domestic violence that can be viewed here.
- New Orleans center DeMarcus Cousins apparently wants to see Carmelo Anthony on the Pelicans. Cousins opened eyes with his comments on social media about the New York Knicks star over the weekend.
- Hoops Rumors ran a poll asking readers who will win the Northwest Division. It’s a great question. Vote here.