Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Okafor drawing interest from Bulls, others - July 17, 2018
- Kings’ Temple headed to Grizzlies for McLemore, Davis - July 17, 2018
- Cavs summer ends; who might go camping? - July 17, 2018
For the Miami Heat, it was only one preseason game, a 96-90 win over the Atlanta Hawks on Sunday.
But the Heat showed something that could last all through the season — a powerful inside game from the starters, anchored by center Hassan Whiteside, followed by a capable perimeter game off the bench.
“We got options, Whiteside told reporters. “It gives us different ways to attack, different things for (opponents) to look out for. It makes us a hard team to scout, because we have so many diverse players.”
Whiteside scored eight points and grabbed 11 rebounds in 19 minutes.
Here’s more out of Miami:
- Rodney McGruder got the start at small forward and fared well with 10 points, four rebounds and four assists. “He’s proven himself with us,” Heat coach Erik Spoelstra told reporters. “As we got to know him from him helping us win a (G League) championship in Sioux Falls, also breaking into our rotation and starting for us so many games last year, he’s a winner.”
- Former Boston Celtics forward Kelly Olynyk put on a Heat uniform for the first time and finished with nine points and eight rebounds in 23 minutes.