Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Wolves’ Thibodeau on Butler: We will honor trade request - September 25, 2018
- Rondo to start over Ball as Lakers’ point guard - September 25, 2018
- Nance Jr., Cavaliers closing in on long-term deal - September 25, 2018
The Phoenix Suns have officially signed undrafted Iowa shooting guard Peter Jok, according to a report from Hoops Rumors.
Jok reportedly chose the Suns over three other suitors.
“I feel like it’s a great opportunity for myself because it puts me in a position to earn a spot on the team,” Jok told the Des Moines Register. “And if I don’t, then I’ll be playing for their G League team to work on my game, which I see as a positive.”
Jok averaged 19.9 points and 5.5 rebounds last season with the Hawkeyes.
Here’s more from around the NBA:
- The Portland Trail Blazers officially announced the signing of undrafted Kentucky guard Isaiah Briscoe on Thursday. Briscoe declared for the draft after two seasons at Kentucky and spent the summer with the Philadelphia 76ers. More details.
- Free agent forward Boris Diaw has decided to take his talents to France after not receiving any NBA offers, according to SFR Sport. Diaw, 35, has spent 14 seasons in the NBA, appearing in 73 games last year with the Utah Jazz.
- Speaking of the Jazz, undrafted guard Naz Mitrou-Long (Iowa State) has also signed a training camp contract with the team. The Mitrou-Long news follows a report earlier this week that the Jazz have added free agent guard Nate Wolters.
- Finally, the Clippers’ signing of free agent C.J. Williams to a training camp contract is also official. Here are the details on Williams.