Latest posts by Staff Report (see all)
- Will the battle of Los Angeles really decide the NBA championship? - November 18, 2019
- Will you bet that the Boston Celtics can conquer the Eastern Conference? - November 27, 2019
- Irving’s initial performances show Nets potential - November 5, 2019
Former NBA forward Metta World Peace made an appearance on the latest Kevin Hart’s episode of “Cold As Balls,” discussing a number of basketball and personal topics.
Those topics include (with timestamps):
- 2:00 – How World Peace almost changed his name to “So Hood.”
- 2:15 – How he was embarrassed the first time “Metta World Peace” was announced and he had it on the back of his jersey.
- 2:45 – How his grandmother passing away led to his family falling apart and how he almost retired that year.
- 3:50 – How he was dealing with his anxiety and depression at the time, right as his career was on the rise.
Other notable moments:
- 6:00 – Talks about anger management, marriage counseling, etc.
- 7:00 – Talks about coming to LA, butting heads with Kobe, Phil Jackson, Magic Johnson.
- 8:45 – How Yao Ming was his favorite teammate ever.
- 9:45 – Talks about taking the last shot to win the game and how he was working on planning his celebration the entire night before.
- 11:30 – Can’t remember a single word off his album.
Watch the entire interview below, courtesy of “Cold As Balls.”