A difficult statement: The Brazilian Confederation announced after the suspension of the Brazil-Argentina match – ten
The scandal of the Brazil-Argentina qualifiers bound for Qatar 2022 has a new chapter, now from the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF).
In an official statement, the agency spoke and presented its version of what happened and confirmed that the Argentines did not abide by the provisions.
They confirm that there was a meeting with representatives of the Asian Football Confederation, Anfisa and the Ministry of Health in which the points to be met were presented, but this did not happen.
“An attempt was made to notify the players, who refused to sign the notification submitted by the authorities present at the stadium, to immediately return to their country of origin,” part of the document stated.
– The Brazilian Football Confederation sent a representation to the said meeting as a listener, at the request of the health monitoring of the State of São Paulo, where representatives of the said agency, the Ministry of Health, Anvisa, Conmebol and the Argentine Football Association (AFA) met.
– In this meeting, the representatives of the Argentine national team were informed of the existence of a violation in the entry of the players, who had to be isolated and received directions from the competent authorities to request a special authorization for the players before the competent authorities. Regulate your situation. It was a technical discussion between Anvisa, the Ministry of Health and the Argentinean Association.
– At the end of the meeting, when the athletes were requested to attend, the health control agents were informed that the players had gone to training, contrary to the instructions issued during the meeting. The agency reported the violation to the National Health Surveillance Agency and the Ministry of Health tasked with analyzing the exemption request sent by CONMEBOL on behalf of the AFA.
It must be clarified that the players entered Brazil at 8 am on Friday (9/3) and provided false information. On the same day, Anvisa determined that the information was false and, until the night of March 9, notified the Cievs, and informed the health authorities (the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Health of São Paulo).
– On Saturday (9/4), at five in the afternoon, a meeting was held with the relevant institutions, during which the Agency and the Health Authority of São Paulo reported a quarantine emergency. But even after the meeting and contact from the authorities, the players took part in training on Saturday evening.
– On the morning of Sunday (9/5), Anfisa notified the Federal Police, and until the beginning of the match made an effort, with the support of the police, to impose quarantine measures imposed on the players, immediately separate them from them and lead him to the airport police station. The attempts were thwarted, since the departure of the hotel delegation, and even long before the start of the match, when the agency’s actions were already postponed at the facilities of the Itaqueira stadium.
– An attempt was made to notify the players who refused to sign the notification delivered by the authorities present at the stadium to immediately return to their country of origin, based on Ministerial Order No. 655/2021 and Art. 11 of Law 6,437/ 1977. The terms were handed over to the Federal Police for appropriate action.