Stocks News Live: Markets will rise as Biden approaches victory
5 things to start your evening
1) RoboCalls told 2.7m voters to ‘stay home’ on election day: On election day, anonymous, secret calls were made to 2.7m voters in key swing states to “stay safe and stay at home.”
2) High Street Dissolution as M&S drowns out John Lewis jobs: M&S collapsed before the first tax lost in 94 years, John Lewis cut another 1,500 jobs, and experts warn of a $ 7 billion decline in sales.
3) First arrests for alleged fraud in Eat Out and Bounce Back loan schemes: Three people have been arrested in connection with a scam involving a government scheme aimed at helping hospitality companies affected by the epidemic.
4) The FCA threatens to remove EU MIFT rules without full market access: The watchdog has threatened to remove the EU’s financial rule book, known as MIFID, if Brussels does not allow UK companies to retain full access to its markets.
5) 1.5 million Hong Kong investors borrow billions from ant float: A tidal wave of Hong Kong and Shanghai retail investors has accumulated $ 37 billion in pay-as-you-go business ant list and now they are in debt.
CTo this day
Corporate: AstroGeneca, Auto Trader, Aveva, FIFA, N Brown, Derwent London, Sainsbury (J), Date & Lyle, Railroad (Interim results); DWF, Hikma Pharma, Howdance, IncCap, Lancashire Holdings, RSA Insurance, Supertyry, The Works.co.uk, DI Fluid Systems (Business Reports)
Economy: MBC Results, Car Rex, Construction PMI (UK); Retail (Eurozone); Factory orders (Germany); Unemployment Claims, Productivity, FOMC Results (Us)