What is the Return to Player (RTP) in Video Slots Online?
If you are new to online slot gaming, you may have come across the term return to player or RTP. This is an incredibly important term which will be very helpful for helping you to decide whether to try from over 500 slots and casino games – play NetEnt slots.
The RTP stands for return to player and it is a vital part of slot gaming. The RTP of slots can be found in the paytable, it comes in the form of a percentage. The most common slot RTP is around 95%, although this percentage can vary wildly. Essentially, this percentage indicates to players how much return they can expect to see over a period of gaming. Some slot games will offer an RTP as high as 99% whilst others can have an RTP as low as 90%. It is always worth checking the RTP of a slot before using it, this prevents the player experiencing any nasty surprises. The RTP of a slot is one of the main ways that players decide on a slot, however this should not be the only factor that players take into consideration.
The RTP is a vital part of the slot game but it is also intrinsically linked with another feature, the RNG. This stands for Random Number Generator and it is essentially a piece of code which ensures that a slot machine will provide completely random outcomes.
- The RNG is used in both online slots and real life slot machines. It is a small piece of code used on the inside of the machine which cannot be influenced by any actions outside.
- One of the biggest benefits that comes with using the RNG is that it helps to ensure that the outcome of a slot spin is fair to both players and casinos. It does this by being completely random and not favouring either side. It is also impossible to manipulate.
- Players looking to beat the RNG should be aware that, outside of winning the game, there is no way that the RNG can be beaten. Tricks such as memorising patterns to try and predict the outcome of a spin will not work because the RNG doesn’t remember the outcome of it’s previous spin.
Things to Remember
Whenever players are looking at the RTP of a slot game, there are several other factors that they need to consider.
- The RTP is affected by a variety of things, it is not a guarantee of success. There are several things which can influence a slots payout but perhaps the main one is slot volatility.
- Slot volatility is also known as variance and it essentially informs players how much risk is involved with the game. The higher the volatility, the more risk involved.
The RTP is available for every slot and is commonly found in the slot paytable, it is not a guarantee so don’t get frustrated if you don’t feel that the slot is providing an adequate return.