Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- LeBron still trying to get other stars to join Cavs? - June 22, 2018
- Cavs draft pick Sexton to LeBron: ‘Let’s do it’ - June 22, 2018
- Trail Blazers land Trent Jr. in trade with Kings - June 21, 2018
Free agent point guard Briante Weber has agreed to a contract with the Los Angeles Lakers, according to a report from The Vertical.
The deal is reportedly partially guaranteed.
The Lakers currently have 14 players with guaranteed contracts, so Weber is likely to battle for the final roster spot at training camp.
He averaged 16.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and 7.3 assists in the NBA G-League last season, and 3.4 points in 13 games with the Charlotte Hornets.
Weber, 25, is 6-foot-2 and has also spent time with the Miami Heat, Memphis Grizzlies and Golden State Warriors.
Here’s more from around the NBA:
- Undrafted guard P.J. Dozier (South Carolina) has officially signed with the Dallas Mavericks, per the team. You can read more about Dozier in our latest Mavs report.
- The Minnesota Timberwolves have agreed to a deal with free agent guard Marcus Georges-Hunt, according to The Vertical. Georges-Hunt, 23, was waived by the Orlando Magic late last month.
- In related news, the Associated Press reports that the Timberwolves are not done adding pieces, and are seeking established veterans for their final three roster spots. Free agent swingman Mike Dunleavy is among the names that have been linked to Minnesota.
- Finally, the Houston Rockets are telling teams that small forward Trevor Ariza is not available in trades — and that includes any potential deal involving New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony, according to a report from Basketball Insiders.