Latest posts by Sam Amico (see all)
- Report: Hornets sending Howard to Nets - June 20, 2018
- AH Radio: For Cavs, possibilities endless on draft night - June 20, 2018
- Cavs bring in Young for pre-draft workout - June 19, 2018
Free agent forward Luke Babbitt has signed a one-year deal with the Atlanta Hawks, according to ESPN.
According to Basketball Insiders, Babbitt’s deal is for $1.9 million.
Babbitt spent last season with the Miami Heat, averaging 4.3 points in 68 games. As Hoops Rumors noted: “Few players have been as reliable from outside in recent years as Babbitt, who has made an impressive 43.8 percent of his long-distance attempts since the start of the 2014/15 season. He’ll bring that shooting touch to an Atlanta team that waived Mike Dunleavy Jr. earlier this summer.”
Here’s more from around the league:
- The Los Angeles Clippers signed forward Jamil Wilson to a two-way contract, per the team. According to the Clippers’ release: “Wilson, 26, has spent the past three seasons playing internationally and in the G-League after going undrafted in the 2014 NBA Draft.
- The Clippers interviewed Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Mark Hughes for front office roles last week, per the Los Angeles Times. The newspaper also noted that Corey Maggette, Lester Conner, and Mo Peterson interviewed for the role of director of player development and special assistant to Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka. (Maggette has since withdrawn.)
- The Charlotte Hornets have an interest in signing former NBA forward Julyan Stone to a two-contract, according to Sportando, but it appears Stone is having issues getting out of his contract with an Italian team.
- Former NBA center Hakeem Olajuown is among those interested in buying the Rockets, according to a report from ESPN.
- The Brooklyn Nets have signed free agent guards Milton Doyle and Jeremy Senglin, the team announced in a press release.