Achievable goals for getting healthy
If there is ever a moment of change in the year, it is this: January is always accompanied by those moments Objectives We set out to improve or change aspects of our lives that can clearly be improved, most of which relate to our lives health.
However, good intentions are not AdequateOnly 10% of those who suggest some changes manage to stick to their resolutions after a few months. Behind the to leave of There are different reasons. The most common? Setting goals too much ambitious or that do not align with our expectations of the speed or ease with which we will achieve those expectations.
Abandonment is more than just putting aside our good intentions: on a psychological level it can cause us discomfort or frustration. “We were tricked and began creating in our minds all the elements of what our new and improved version could be,” the doctor explains. Estrella Flores-Carretero, from European Institute for Effective Intelligence (IEIE).
But if you are one of those who always end up giving in to them Objectives On New Year's Eve, “Stop feeling bad about it,” says the expert, “because you can generate this change of attitude in yourself.” To begin, he says, we need “a time of self-reflection, where we conscientiously do self-reflections.” Self-analysis Our behaviors, what we do right or wrong, and what alternatives we can take to achieve the transformation we need.
6 keys to achieving your New Year's resolutions
According to the doctor flores Carretero, Here are six tips that will make it easier for you to achieve your New Year's resolutions. They are detailed below.
- Write on paper what you want to achieve. “I recommend that you take a pen and paper to set your New Year's resolutions and goals. My advice is to write down 3 to 5 goals that you want to achieve over the next 12 months.”
- Think about a specific goal, rather than a whole list of resolutions. “Once you have thought of several ideas to start the new year productively, I advise you to choose one goal, at most two goals, the ones that you consider extremely important for your life and that you would like to achieve, above the rest. The things that are on your mind have happened.”
- Create an action plan to start the year productive. “Formulate the points you will have to go through to achieve everything you have suggested. Ask yourself: What do you need to investigate to get started? Do you have to register somewhere? If you want to achieve your New Year's resolutions, you will have to do this. Visualize the previous steps To achieve your goal, otherwise, sooner or later you will fall into distress because you see that your dream has neither head nor tail, and therefore, you will end up submitting to abandonment.
- Simplify everything. “Many people fail to stick to their New Year's resolutions because they make the topic a stumbling block. The more practical you are, the better. Do you want to write a novel? Aim to start with a few minutes a day, and then increase the number of minutes over time, so don't “Worry about it, you’ll get overwhelmed.”
- Share your stuff with others. “One of the most effective ways to achieve New Year's resolutions is to share your goals with your family and close friends. Motivating the team can be a huge help.”
- Stay consistent. “To achieve your New Year's resolutions, it's not enough to wish. Discipline plays a key factor in achieving any goal you have, rather than doing it all at once, otherwise you will abandon ship.”
New year, new life…and good health
It is one of the most common decisions, especially among those between the ages of 45 and 64, according to the portal european institute for effective intelligence, She cares about our health. And although it may not seem like it, it is easier to stick to, because only through some small daily changes can we achieve great results.
Starting with our diet. It is not necessary to turn our diet upside down to start getting healthy, quite the opposite. “The best decisions are the ones that can be implemented. In 2024, have a meal Bananas from the Canary Islands daily“, says a new advertising campaign. And so. Eating a banana a day is not only easy, because it is very good and its sweet taste can make it the best ally to avoid other unhealthy temptations, for example, when Diet And you miss a sweet bite; It is also very easy to eat and you can eat it anywhere.
But it's not a small goal because it's simple: this simple gesture allows us to achieve goals that have a big impact on our lives, like eating a healthier diet. correctintroducing daily fruit consumption into our diet and even exercising a consumption It is more responsible and sustainable, because Canary Island bananas are a local product, and have a lower impact on the environment.