Health problems to watch out for
These gases are “excess gas in the stomach or intestines, which can cause bloating,” explains the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) in the United States.
Burping or gas can cause discomfort in the body, or some even tend to feel uncomfortable the moment they feel expelled.
Although these signs are common in the body, according to health experts at Mayo ClinicAnd the It does not represent a serious condition with symptomsIt can usually be reduced with simple lifestyle changes.
Despite the above, when gas or belching regularly interfere with daily life, or when severe abdominal pain occurs, it is important to go to the doctor to check what is really going on inside.
In fact, the niche portal, Health 180 List some cases of excessive intestinal gas as a symptom:
1. Constipation: This condition causes stool to build up in the intestines, which is why flatulence appears, which can have an unpleasant odor. Keep in mind that constipation may be the result of another condition.
2. Infection in the gastrointestinal tract: When there is an agent that interrupts the digestive process, Bacteria that cause intestinal infections and excess gas can develop.
3. Food intolerance: Those with lactose intolerance are unable to break down the carbohydrates that lactose contains, causing gas buildup and inflammation or injury to the intestines.
4. Colon cancer: “Excess gas can be a warning sign along with fatigue, weight loss, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, changes in stool, and even rectal bleeding,” he explains. Health 180.
5. Gastroenteritis: In addition to causing gas, they also cause abdominal pain and inflammation.
It should be noted that it is possible to reduce belching or flatulence naturally; Therefore, the mediator Medical news today Here are some tips to get rid of gas quickly.
- defecate: Because when doing this procedure the intestines move, gases that may be trapped there are released.
- Avoid chewing gum: By constant chewing, he also swallows air, which later settles in the form of gas, causing bloating and discomfort.
- let it out: When gas is retained, it can cause bloating, discomfort, and pain.
- drink tea: “Some herbal teas can aid in digestion and quickly reduce gas pain,” he explains. Medical news today. Among those that stand out for this purpose are anise, chamomile, ginger and mint.
- Quit smoking: This action causes air to enter the digestive system and gases to form.
- take deep breath: Although it may not work for everyone, taking in too much air can increase the amount of gas in your stomach. However, some breathing techniques can relieve the pain associated with this condition.
- slow eating When you eat quickly, air is likely to enter the body, causing gas pain. It is recommended to chew about 30 times to aid in the digestion process.
- Choose non-carbonated drinks: Soft drinks or sparkling water send large amounts of this air into the stomach. This organ can become inflamed and painful due to the amount of gas that has accumulated.
- Playing sports: It is not necessary to do intense exercises, soft exercises also help to relax the intestines, making gas circulate. Those who practice yoga sessions after meals, are able to see the benefits.