Former President Barack Obama will return to the White House on Tuesday for his first public event in the building since the end of his second presidential term in 2017.
what will he do? A White House official reported that Obama will attend an event with President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Haria “to make remarks to celebrate the success of the Affordable Care Act and Medicaid in expanding affordable health insurance.” to millions of Americans.
- It’s also part of the Biden administration’s effort to draw attention to the economic woes of Americans, especially when inflation hit its highest level in March, the highest since 1982.
- The White House indicated that Biden “will take additional steps to further strengthen the ACA and save hundreds of dollars per month for families on their health care.”
- Health Secretary Xavier Becerra and other members of Biden’s cabinet will attend Tuesday’s event.
What is ACA? The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is legislation passed by former President Obama in his first presidential term.
- The law also known as Obamacare aims to provide affordable health insurance coverage to all Americans and reformed health care in the country.
- Depending on the level of federal poverty a family is in, they will have credits that reduce health costs and expand Medicaid, the federal state health plan for the poor, in most states.
- On several occasions there have been attempts to repeal this law. In 2021, the Supreme Court rejected an attempt to dismantle it by 7 votes to 2.
with information from AP