Five keys to improving our relationship with our health
Seven out of ten people around the world are fighting for their lives or have some form of disease. This is one of the data from the first global study “The Truth About Our Relationships to Health”, prepared by MRM Health, the area that specializes in MRM in the search for innovative solutions in the health sector.
This study reveals the difficulties and Gaps that impede the provision of harmonious, effective and quality health care, and demand Brands collaborate to build new bridges connecting key actors Regarding our health. It is a meta-analysis that includes quantitative and ethnographic research with searches and results socialin detail More than 20 countries.
The study investigates the causes and consequences of living in a world where treatment has been separated from healthcare, and explains the opportunity for brands Help repair this splitPromoting new behaviors in relationships between all actors with the aim of benefiting all parties. Peter RooneyCEO of MRM for health.
Five keys to our relationship with health
After analyzing the world of health from a structural and social point of view, the study outlines five basic facts that underlie our current and deteriorating relationship with health:
- Significant stagnation in “confidence in health care”. From patients to providers, the health crisis has accelerated a growing mistrust of the health system, Caused a credibility deficit at the worst possible time.
- Postal code. There is no better indicator of health than the genetic code, considering that up to 60% of our health is governed by it where do we liveIts social determinants play an important role in Predicting general well-being.
- More vulnerable than ever. This new focus on health has brought Increased feeling of weakness for themselves and their loved ones. The volume of searches around the world on Stress and mental health and related topics Almost doubled between 2019 and 2020with expectations that it will double in the next 12 months.
- Reassess behaviors. There is a very urgent need to find a balance, but there is also a great deal of uncertainty about how to achieve this, causing both New behaviors such as new tensions and stress, are additional.
- Gap between patient data. The data technologies And the distribution of health care services widens the differences between them. Although we are increasingly able to do certain monitoring (measurement of temperature, glucose) in our hands, There is a gap between what data patients may consider valuable and how health care providers can realistically apply the information collected.