The Cast of the Game of Thrones Prequel
Following the resounding success of the Game of Thrones, HBO announced that the production of House of the Dragons, the prequel to the fantasy universe, had commenced. It’s been two years since the final series based on A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin was released. And the viewing public misses their favorite characters, Houses, and their compelling stories. EGT free slots are considered to be no less exciting, and while you get to know the variety of products offered by this provider, let us look through the details of the spin-off.
Although the filming process is still in its early stages, an estimated release date for 10 pilot episodes of the new series has already been announced for 2022. Initially, HBO considered several options for the Game of Thrones spin-off, and the project about The Long Night of White Walkers even managed to get a pilot version. However, for some reason, it was put on hold and the priority was given to House of the Dragons, which is now the focus of all efforts. Considering the fact that the movie will be based on Fire & Blood, another novel by George R.R. Martin, the anticipation will be worth it.
What is known about House of the Dragon?
This is the story of House Targaryen that gave us the great Daenerys Stormborn. It takes place 300 years before the events in Games of Thrones. The plot covers a large time span, including seven generations of the great House. In this regard, the series promises to be eventful, which makes it even more exciting and intriguing.
Unlike the situation with Game of Thrones where the scriptwriters had to write the final part themselves due to the lack of the final part in the book version, House of the Dragons will be filmed entirely based on Martin’s novel Fire & Blood without any interference of the directors in the ending.
The story is about the world of Dragons and the fall of House Targaryen as a result of the civil war. The story itself is narrated by Maester Guildain in the line with real historical events and references to primary sources, so everything looks very realistic despite the fact that Westeros is a fictional state.
This concentrated historical novel has two parts:
- The first one covers a century and a half of the reign of the two kings recounting their successful wars of conquest.
- The second is entirely devoted to the bloody civil war, called the Dance of the Dragon. It lasted four years only but was so full of events that it took up a considerable part of the whole story. And it all happened because of King Viserys’ remarriage and his eldest daughter’s conflict with his new wife.
Behind the scenes
Initially, Brian Cogman, producer of Game of Thrones, worked on the screenplay and closely cooperated with the book’s author. However, the project was soon taken over by Ryan Condal and Miguel Sapochnik, the acclaimed director of Battle of the Bastards. They are assisted by Claire Kilner (Sneaky Pete) and Geeta Patel (The Witcher).
The entire cast has not yet been revealed, but if we refer to Wikipedia data, the leading stars are already known.
There are both popular actors and actresses known from sensational movies and less known but very promising names.
- Thus, Paddy Considine (The Third Day, The Outsider) will star as King Viserys Targaryen. He got the role of a good and decent ruler, who never managed to build the life of his own family.
- Emma D’Arcy (Astrid in Truth Seekers) will star as the King’s daughter, Rhaenyra, a girl of expressive looks and no less expressive personality.
- Producers chose Olivia Cooke (Golem, Ready Player One) to start as Alicent Hightower, Viserys’ second wife who fought for the throne for her first-born son
- Matt Smith, the eleventh Doctor in Doctor Who? has a striking role as the charismatic Daemon Targaryen, warrior and rider of Caraxes the dragon, uncle and later husband of Rhaenyra.
- The Hand of the King will be starring Rhys Ifans, the singer and actor known by Hannibal Rising.
- Steve Toussaint will star as Corlys Velaryon, the most famous navigator of those times nicknamed Sea Snake. His viewers will remember his roles in such movies as Dredd, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.
- The role of his wife, a dragon rider Rhaenys, was given to Eve Best (Farah Dowling in Fate: The Winx Saga).
- Information on several supporting roles has been revealed: for example, Sonoya Mizuno, a model and ballerina, the face of such giants as Louis Vuitton and Chanel, will star as a foreign-born slave who became a faithful companion and Daemon’s mistress. And Graham McTavish (The Hobbit film trilogy) will star as Ser Harold Westerling, the Lord Commander of the Royal Guard.
The charismatic cast of actors will be complemented by new names, and most likely, after the premiere, fans of the universe and players of online slot games will enjoy the opportunity to play for the characters while testing their luck in the casino. It has already happened with Game of Thrones – a slot by Microgaming was very successful, realistic, and had appropriate voice acting.
Interesting details about House of the Dragons
The first reading of the text for the series took place in April 2021, when filming began. All the key characters were involved, and a few shots even could be found online.
The main filming process takes place in the UK, for example, the recent auditions were held in Cornwall. But the filmmakers do not limit themselves to one location and plan to film in such countries as Spain and Portugal, as well as in the state of California.
It is worth noting that the finale will not be unexpected, as the novel that the series is based on has long been released in its final version. This fact can comfort many fans of Westeros who were disappointed by the ambiguous ending of Game of Thrones.
Instead of the epilogue
Apparently, we should expect a new and fascinating series that can tell the story of the greatest House that played an important role in the formation and life of the entire state. The fate of the dragons sparked the most interest as they were on the verge of extinction and were eventually exterminated for many centuries to come.